Palm Beach County’s Art in Public Places program seeks to commission an Artist to design, fabricate and install art onto outdoor columns in the forthcoming Canyon Branch Library, which will be part of Palm Beach County’s Library System. Commissioned art will be inspired by the diverse meaningful roles libraries play in our lives, as pillars of communities. Art will relate to themes described in the Call to Artists including Sanctuary, Connection, Discovery, Knowledge, Learning, Community, Accessible, Inclusive, Activities and Books. Library staff summarized themes that emerged from community survey responses to the following questions:
• What do you love most about libraries?
• Share a fond memory you have of a time you visited a library.
• What are the first images that come to mind when you think about libraries?
• How have libraries supported your community and/or enriched your life?
- Contact Name: Elayna Toby Singer
- Contact Email: [email protected]
- Contact Phone: (561) 233-0235