Artist will contract with BART for the design phase of the project, and with the hired general contractor for the fabrication phase. This budget is for design phase only.
The aesthetic and practical goals of the Project:
· Provide a strong visual identity for the station through the inclusion of bold, sophisticated artwork that conveys the world-class vision of BART and the City of Fremont.
· Create artistic wayfinding enhancements within the station and/or at points of entry to the station.
· Attract new riders by creating a more personalized and welcoming station.
· Create a visual resonance to the physical area around the station and with the Fremont community.
The selected artist/team will work with the Station design team to identify opportunities for art and design improvements to fulfill the project goals, as well as consider opportunities to enhance connection to the community, the BART customer experience, and a general creative enhancement of the station
- Contact Name: jennifer a. easton
- Contact Email: [email protected]