Scope of Art Project
One artist or team will be commissioned to design 39 metal fence panels for the station entrance area encompassing approximately 172 linear feet. Each panel is approximately 30” h x 36” w. The selected artist/team will be responsible for designing the project to a fabrication budget of a not-to-exceed amount of $165,000. The fabrication of the fence panels will be bid by BART in collaboration with the artist. The artist is not able to bid for the fabrication.
The aesthetic and practical goals of the Art Project are:
· Provide a strong visual identity for the station through the inclusion of compelling artwork that conveys a strong sense of place.
· Create artistic wayfinding enhancement to the station.
· Attract riders by creating a more personalized and welcoming station.
· Increase public safety on the BART system.
The selected artist will work with BART to identify and to implement appropriate community/stakeholder-engagement strategy.
- Contact Name: Jennifer Easton
- Contact Email: [email protected]