Client: Annecy Paysages
Location: Annecy, France
Completion date: 2020
Development of Interactivity
Development of Metal pools
Fabrication of Jumping jet fountains and pumps
Jumping Jet fountains
Forever Best International Group
Wave of Rainbow is an interactive public artwork formed by an interactive tunnel of several colorful jumping fountains.
The fountains are jumping in the tunnel constantly and when someone entry inside it, the fountains start arching with colors by following the journey of the person inside the tunnel.
The system is controlled by presence sensors, which activate the water jumping fountain’s behavior.
The concept of the proposed project is about adding fantasy in one’s journey while visiting the park and making it a fanciful experience. To accomplish that the artworks use technology to evoke, in a cheerful and metaphoric way, feelings of acceptance, belonging and self-stem.
- Affectivate (Affect and activate) the public space
- Synthesizes concepts of Biophilia, cognitive science, and psychology integrated with digital fabrication mixed with technological materials available in the market.
- Enhance the quality of life
- Be a community revitalizer
- Facilitate community engagement
- Disrupt and stimulate interaction
- Expressive spaces that can stimulate human interaction
The project was developed by sections in different factories and assembled in Anaisa Franco Studio
1) Development of 4 modular metal pools in a factory in Barcelona
2) Fabrication of 15 jumping water jets and pumps in China
3) Development of interactive systems using 15 presence sensors
4) Assembly all parts in Anaisa Franco Studio in Barcelona
5) Installation on site in Annecy, France
The project is now going to be Exhbitied for the second time in Annecy Paysages Festival from 3 July to 26 September 2021.