Client: Holt Cat
Location: San Antonio, TX, United States
Completion date: 2018
Artwork budget: $1,000,000
Artist / Designer
Grand Entryway honoring the scale of Heavy Equipment
Flowing, sculptural earthen forms highlight the capabilities of Holt CAT equipment. How deep can you dig? How steep can you climb? How much can you move? An arresting visual presence from a major highway elevates the work done by heavy equipment, emphasizing the action of earth moving, adding a bit of grace to the brute force of demolition and construction.
• Uniquely identifies the Holt Cat headquarters
• Allows easy access to the facilities from Loop 410 and the feeder road
• Transforms the Holt Cat frontage property into an iconic symbol, experience, and landmark
• Takes its design inspiration from the history, technology, values, and stories of Holt Cat
• Potential to help with sales and rentals with dramatic and dynamic on-site visual demonstration of product capabilities
• Design elements, at a smaller scale, provide a unique and unifying visual system and sense of connection throughout the campus and its varied buildings and workshops.