Look up for inspiration
Welcome to the May issue of CODAmagazine, where we share the best design + art projects from all over the world. Suspended in Space is the organizing principle this month, and what a visually stunning issue it is!
Flip through to discover draping, dangling, and floating collaborations: design + art projects which awe us from above and fill our spaces with beauty and motion.
In this issue, you will:
- be uplifted by a five-story nature-inspired atrium sculpture welcoming visitors to a Cherry Hill, NJ hospital
- relax and celebrate life with friends under a giant, spinning disc of LEDs at Burning Man while classical music plays in the background
- marvel at 400 folded “aerogami” shapes flocking together to form a sculptural tree above the main entrance plaza of a Pasadena, CA mixed-use development
- admire a three-ton suspended art glass sculpture detailed with solar terms in Chinese calligraphy at a Beijing airport
- delight in the power of creativity to transform via a light-weight knitted tubular structure draped across the interior of the historic Smithsonian Arts and Industries Building in Washington, DC
…and much much more.
We hope you will subscribe to CODAmagazine on Flipboard to receive the best design + art projects from all over the world, delivered to you, free of charge, each month. Upcoming issues include themes of Architectural Art, Art in Hospitality, Technology + Art, and more! We look forward to sharing these incredible collaborations with you.
Toni Sikes, CEO and Publisher