Technology + Art V
Welcome to the September issue of CODAmagazine, where we share the best design + art projects from all over the world. Technology + Art is the organizing principle this month, and what an innovative issue it is! Flip through to discover amazing cutting-edge collaborations that are electronic, data-driven, and digital: design + art projects using technology to develop new experiences and interactions with art. This is a very special issue, as it is published right before our signature event, CODAsummit: Art, Technology and Place.
Browsing this issue, you will:
- witness the transformative power of design + art as an aging concrete Lexington, KY parking structure transforms into a joyful, functional work of art
- conduct an interactive dancing fountain using a smart baton that responds to classic music in Montreal, Canada
- explore human interaction in Brooklyn, NY, as a canvas expresses reactions to your movements as you shop
- view a dynamic real-time data-and-light media installation that interprets information from the world’s greenest office building in Pittsburgh, PA
- experience a large-scale interactive urban sculpture that transmits testimonials from LGBT+ activists about their experiences and the sound of their heartbeats in São Paulo, Brazil
Please join us every month and subscribe to CODAmagazine on Flipboard to receive the best design + art projects from all over the world, delivered to you, free of charge.