The City of SeaTac Art in the Park program is a new program designed to provide valuable
enhancement for the growing SeaTac community.
The City of SeaTac invites artists to submit proposals to be placed in Riverton Heights Park,
which is being redesigned to include additional amenities. A total of two original pieces will be
selected and purchased.
To learn more about the City of SeaTac and their arts and culture, visit the City’s Arts and
Culture Master Plan at Arts & Culture | City of SeaTac (seatacwa.gov)
Eligibility and Considerations:
- Open to work by professional artists or artist teams living in the Pacific Northwest
(Washington, Oregon and Idaho).
- Applicants may submit up to three examples of original works; examples of public art
- The City of SeaTac will select a total of one or two artists, who will engage in community
process, to create original designs. Artist will host 2-3 in person community meetings for
input and feedback; City will select locations in proximity to Riverton Heights Park. Artwork Specifications
- Artwork must be durable, suitable for outdoors and able to withstand the elements,
including high winds, extreme temperatures, rain, snow, and ice storms, and normal
wear and tear.
- Artwork should be innovative and engaging.
- Proposals can be submitted as renderings, along with three examples of other pieces
that demonstrate experience proficiency and finish quality.
- Proposed sculpture(s) must have the ability to be mounted onto a cement base (plinth)
and to be removed for rotating exhibitions in the future.
- The artwork will be located at Riverton Heights Park, located on the north end of the
City at 3011 S. 148th Street. The specific location within the park will be determined by
the City of SeaTac and is subject to change at the discretion of the City.
- In 2017, the City of SeaTac began a three-phase improvement plan for this park. The
first two phases, which are now completed, included the creation of a child play area,
basketball courts and a walking trail. The third phase, which is projected to be
completed in fall 2024, includes a child spray park, pollinator garden and restrooms. If a
sculpture/mural combination is selected, the mural will be located on the restroom
building. For more information about Riverton Heights Park: Riverton Spray Park - Project
Page | City of SeaTac (seatacwa.gov)
Please see commission document for full project information and application instructions.