Congratulations to our winners!
Nov. 7 - 9, 2014
2014 CODAvideo Awards Winners
Presenting the inaugural CODAvideo Awards winners in the categories of Collaboration, Concept, Process, Experience, and People’s Choice.
Sponsored by: Golden Triangle
“ This video is gorgeously shot and offers exceptional production values. And the sculpture itself is a wonderful representation of the collaboration between art and technology. And then it takes collaboration to another level by allowing those observing it to engage and manipulate the art through their cell phones. Incredible! ”— Deidre Brenner —
Project: Unnumbered Sparks
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Submitted by: GRAiNEY Pictures
“ The video is the artwork. It lives as part of the statement that the artist is making. It is beautiful. ”— Glenn Ross —
Project: Sand Calligraphy
Location: New York, New York United States
Submitted by: Sasha Meret
“ Fantastic. Love that color video was saved until the piece was finished. I want to go to Finland and see this! ”— Dana Delany —
Project: SILO 468
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Submitted by: Lighting Design Collective
Sponsored by: Duggal
“ Wonderfully spare in letting the art tell the story. Very effective use of abstract music, sound design and editorial. ”— Jack Rooney —
Project: 320° Licht
Location: Oberhausen, Germany
Submitted by: URBANSCREEN
- Art matters. Attention to the details of our environment leads to love of place, which brings us to take responsibility for the spaces where we live and work. And by extension, the people with whom we live and work. And by extension, to our local communities, our cities, our nations, and our world.
- We champion the role of artists in our society. We need artists to provide us with inspiration, creativity, and imagination, and to help us envision a better world.
- Architects and designers know that remarkable design can change everything. They connect the dots across disciplines, collaborating with artists to make the world a more beautiful place. They are the ultimate patrons of the arts.
- In the process, design professionals promote imagination and creativity, and through their commissions, make original art integral to and accessible in people's lives.
- Art in our public and private spaces helps us fight ordinary buildings, ordinary streets, ordinary cities. We celebrate the extraordinary.
- The architecture of our buildings and the design of our interiors affect our happiness and well-being. Each of us deserves a daily dose of inspiration.
"Leave good footprints." -Ellen Kochansky, artist
You must register to make contact with CODAworx members, use design boards or post an RFP.
Good news! Registering with CODAworx is free and simple. Click the button below to register or log in.