Welcome to the December issue of CODAmagazine, where we share the best in design + art projects from all over the world.
We appreciate that video is an important way to tell the full story behind commissioned art projects – from the source of inspiration, through the collaborative process and the actual creation of the art, to the experience of work that is rich in movement, light, and live-action projection. These creative design + art documentary shorts highlight commissions where art is successfully integrated into interior, architectural, and public spaces.
We are proud to announce that we have partnered with Hotel RL to get these videos even greater exposure beyond this magazine. This wonderful company will showcase the videos in both the lobbies and rooms of all their U.S. properties through “The Living Stage” program!
In this engaging issue, you will:
- journey through an immersive artwork exploring the emotional connections we develop with light and sound
- be mesmerized by a stories-high media canvas transformed into living architecture with a network of 26,000 LED clusters
- address the relationship between self and the representation of self through an interactive sculpture
- travel through a visible interpretation of the complex communication of nerves in our bodies
- go on a colorful voyage, connecting to nature and the environment
We hope you will subscribe to CODAmagazine on Flipboard to receive the best design + art projects from all over the world, delivered to you, free of charge, each month. We look forward to sharing these incredible collaborations with you.
Toni Sikes, CEO and Publisher