Introducing the 2016 CODAvideo: Magazine Editions.
This year we are going to be highlighting commissioned art stories in a new way! The 2016 CODAvideo program includes four unique digital magazine editions, each featuring one of the key CODAvideo categories: Concept, Collaboration, Process, and Experience. Selections for the magazines will be done by the CODAworx editorial staff. One magazine will come out each week of December with the Editors' Choice CODAvideo stealing the cover.
New this year, The Architects Foundation, the philanthropic organization of the AIA, is collaborating with CODAworx to showcase the selected videos for these four magazines during the seven-month CODAawards Exhibition at the Octagon Museum in Washington, D.C, starting March 23, 2017.
All selected videos will be:
- Announced in CODAmagazine through Flipboard - One category per magazine, published each week of December 2016.
- Showcased for seven months alongside the CODAworx CODAawards exhibition at the Octagon Museum in Washington, DC - Opening March 23, 2017.
- Featured on the CODAworx website and on the 2016 CODAvideo: Magazine Editions webpage.
In addition, one Editors' Choice video in each category will receive:
- The cover on one of four CODAvideo magazines.
- A one-year Creative Profile on CODAworx (valued at $500 USD).
Why CODAvideo? Every piece of art has a story: from the source of inspiration, through the process of creation, to the experience of a finished piece in all its glory. Video is a wonderful way to document these stories and share them with new and wider audiences. We launched the CODAvideo program to empower creative professionals to share their stories and bring recognition to the projects that come alive through the powerful confluence of moving images and sound.
The CODAvideo program began in 2014 with the CODAvideo Awards. New in 2016, after brainstorming ever better ways to recognize our members' top videos, we are introducing a new approach to CODAvideo that combines our digital CODAmagazine with a live exhibition.
Welcome to the 2016 CODAvideo: Magazine Editions - a powerful digital showcase and an exciting public exhibition!